Technical requirements for breadboard models
When accepting layouts, an automatic file scan is performed, which does not detect all the errors listed below. In this regard, we do not guarantee their 100% tracking.
Layouts that do not meet these requirements can be finalized by the printing house without agreement with the customer.
If a marriage occurs due to non-compliance with technical requirements, all responsibility falls on the party that provided the incorrect layout.
Rules for providing layouts to the printing house:
- Print layouts are accepted in the following formats: PDF, CDR, EPS, AI, PSD, INDD, TIFF (8 bit, without layers, alpha channels and paths, without compression).
- Layouts should not be chaotically scattered over the sheet, each layout in the file should be on a separate sheet, if the program allows or individual files, indicating the names of the person and turnover.
- The trimmed format of the product is specified by the sheet format in the layout program (do not use guides, frames, crosses, cut marks, etc.).
- The size in the layout must correspond to the printed impression 1: 1.
- Flying of background fills or image-substrates over the edges of the page should be at least 2 mm; indenting significant page content from the edge of the page - at least 2 mm; For pamphlet pamphlets, take into account the runoff of the internal strips relative to the outer ones, the desired indentation of 5 mm.
- All fonts in the layout should be converted to curves.
- Used colors in the color model CMYK, both in vector and raster objects.
- Raster images in the layout are not desirable to use quality less than 260-300 dpi, but not more than 450dpi.
- The layout should not contain redundant objects (ie objects that are outside the layout or lying under the layout).
- Lines smaller than Hairline may not be printed or partially printed.
- It is not recommended to make small text and thin lines with a reversal on the background.
- It is not allowed to use the effects of "transparency", "shadow", "lens", "gradient mesh", etc., as well as Pattern, Texture, Postscript and complex gradient fills, all elements containing them must be rasterized with a background into a single Bitmap . All etched objects should be merged with the background.
- The layout should not contain OlE objects (Word text, Excel spreadsheets, etc. - inserted into the layout program as an object), invisible sealed objects or layers, objects with the locked and overprint attribute (if overprint is required, be sure to inform it additionally) .
- Orientation of the person in relation to turnover should correspond to the finished product, i.e. if the face is horizontal and the turn is vertical, you need to deploy one of the layouts, the same applies to layouts where the rotation should be rotated by 180 °.
- It is not recommended to make a frame around the perimeter of the layout close to the edge, because The permissible deviations become visually very noticeable.
- Avoid large fields with uniform fills or a weak gradient. Such objects can be printed unevenly. If they are necessary, overlay a light texture or a translucent image.
- The outline of the die (on a separate layer) must be placed on the model with subsequent cutting.
- Selective varnish, embossing, stamping, etc. should be in vector form, painted in 100% black and be on a separate layer, exactly above that area in the layout to be applied.
- Eurobooklets- are provided in the form of turns. The width of the bands: 97-100-100 mm on the outer spread, 100-100-97 mm on the internal spread. The general format of A4 is horizontal.
- Brochures - are given in a bandwagon (without the descents of the bands!). Departures should be present symmetrically on each side, including the inside.
- Brochures on hot melt - the cover is provided in the form of turns with departures of 5 mm on each side separate from the block file.
- Postcards / invitations - if the product is inverted, then in the file one of the sides should also be rotated by 180 °.
- Creasing / Folding / Holes - To the print file, a viewing file is attached, on which lines of creasing, folding or holes are shown in the shape and size corresponding to the claimed file.
- Spring editions – Consider the width of the spring hole and their location on the product, so that significant information does not fall on the holes. Do not place significant elements closer than 10-15 mm on the side of the sheet, which is perforated under the spring.
To personalize the data you need:
- The original layout executed on those. requirements and with a sample of the filled field (s) of the variable data.
- Font, provided the use of non-standard font.
- Base of variable data in XLS format, in which each variable data field on the layout corresponds to a single column.
It should be taken into account that if you need to transfer the lines in a particular place, then the data from one and the other line should also be in different columns in the database.